Cottage Cheese Die t
There is no real w`eight` loss program comprising solely of cottage cheese, d`iets like this are unhealthy. Any plan based on just eating one food group is destined to fail even before you start. The boredom factor will also set in leading you into temptation.
Cottage cheese is a good d`iet food compared with some other cheese as it contains fewer calories while still providing protein. But you cannot survive on one food alone. When you are trying to lose pounds, it is very tempting to flit from one plan to another but at the end of the day this will not help you. So how can you find the best d`iet for you?
You should look for one containing the following elements:
- Calories: 163.
- Protein: 28 grams.
- Carbs: 6.1 grams.
- Fat: 2.3 grams.
- Phosphorus: 30% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI).
- Sodium: 30% of the RDI.
- Selenium: 29% of the RDI.
- Vitamin B12: 24% of the RDI.
1) When you look at the rules, you feel you have a good chance of sticking to them. This is perhaps the most important element of a successful program. If calorie counting and weighing foods is not your thing, then it doesn’t matter if it works for thousands of people, you will fail. Some people need the support of a group so would do better joining w`eight` loss classes and following their regime. Others prefer to go it alone.
2) The d`iet should promise slow and steady results. This will give you a much better chance of keeping the pounds you have lost at bay.
3) There should be no forbidden food groups. For example, some “fad d`iets” will not let you eat carbohydrates. The problem is that as soon as someone says you can’t have it, you will want it. We need to eat as wide and varied a d`iet as possible to get all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals our body needs.
4) Regular exercise should be part of the program. People think you can lose excess pounds simply by d`ieting, and others think that going to the gym is sufficient but to be really successful you need a combination of both.
You can reduce your calorie intake without depriving yourself of your favorite foods by making different choices. For example if you love cottage cheese, you could try the version made with skimmed milk. Instead of eating the whole candy bar, have a square of very good quality chocolate once in a while as a treat. Start every meal with a fruit or vegetable juice or a salad.
Reduce your portion size by 10% and you probably won’t even notice.
Don’t go on a crash d`iet. Not only do they not work but they can cause you to lose lean muscle. Muscle burns fat so you are shooting yourself in the foot. Any w`eight` you lose will be regained and you may even end up weighing more. If you want to kick start your d`iet, you could try following a detox program for a week or ten days.
Drinking water, eating plenty of fruit and vegetables combined with brown rice, whole meal cereals, and eating bio yogurt will help to detoxify your system.
You will lose pounds and feel better although perhaps not initially. This will help you get better results than following a cottage cheese d`iet alone.